Travel and Accommodation: Electric Zoo
Electric Zoo is held every year on Randall’s Island, New York. Here are few tips that might help you plan your travel and accommodation to the festival.
La Guardia Airport (LGA) is the nearest airport to Randall’s Island and will help you quick transit from domestic locations. If you planning to attend the festival from overseas locations then JFK international airport (JFK) will your landing destination. Newark International (EWR) is also a good option.
New Jersey Transit, Amtrak, Long Island Railroad (LIRR) and Metro North have trains in and out of New York City on a daily basis.
New York train terminals are:
- Pennsylvania Station (often referred to as PENN station) is located in the heart of midtown Manhattan – LIRR, Amtrak and New Jersey Transit
- Grand Central Station – Metro North
- Harlem 125th street (closest to the festival) – Metro North
The BOLT bus travels from Baltimore, Boston, Cherry Hill, Philadelphia and Washington DC to several New York City locations on a daily basis. Check out www.boltbus.com for more details
A number of bus companies travel daily to Port Authority Bus Terminal located in midtown Manhattan. You may easily access many subways from there. For information on all carriers, call the Port Authority Terminal at 212-564-8484 or visit www.ny.com/transportation/port_authority.html.
By Subway/ MTA:
Getting to Electric Zoo courtesy of MTA is one of many transportation options made simple for you. Whether the most local Subway to your disposal or the Express Bus, Electric Zoo is working closely with MTA to ensure everyone has a convenient mode of transportation to the festival.
Here’s how to get to Electric Zoo via Subway/MTA Buses in two simple steps.
- Take the subway train to the 125th Street Stop.
- $5.50 roundtrip ($1.00 new card fee not included)
- Take the X80 Express Bus from 125th Street / Lexington Avenue to Randall’s Island Park.
- $6.50 roundtrip ($3.75 if coming from subway using MetroCard)
- Monthly MetroCards cannot be used.
Electric Zoo being somewhat of a metropolitan festival has not camping facilities. But the easy location close to the urban makes accommodation very easy. Check out a few hotels you can check into while being a part of the 3 day program.
- 1.4 miles from Randall’s Island
- $125 average price per night for 2 people
- A fitness centre is available
- All rooms include free Wi-Fi
- A flat-screen TV with cable is featured in all rooms
- Tastefully decorated, each room is equipped with coffee-making facilities and a desk
- 3.5 miles from Randalls Island
- $189 average price per night for two people
- A plasma TV, terry cloth bathrobes, and Bliss bath amenities are included in every room at W New York – Times Square
- The rooms are also equipped with a stocked minibar and light snacks. Room service is also available
- Room service is also available
- 3.9 miles from Randall’s Island
- $229 average price per night for 2 people
- Located in Manhattan, this New York City Westin is 4 minutes’ walk from Grand Central Terminal and is 7 minutes’ walk from the United Nations.
- The hotel features a fitness centre, business centre and on-site dining.
- The rooms at the Westin New York Grand Central include a flat-screen cable TV and a desk.
- Free toiletries can be found in the en suite bathroom
- 2.9 miles from Randall’s Island
- $169 average price per night for 2 people
- A refrigerator and cable TV are included in every guest room
- They also have a work desk and ironing facilities
- Visitors can enjoy drinks at the lobby bar
- The The Queens Fairfield Inn & Suites offers a daily continental breakfast and has a fitness centre
- 2.7 miles from Randall’s Island
- $169.15 average price per night for 2 people
- Hotel offers a 32-inch flat-screen TV in every room, free Wi-Fi and an on-site restaurant and lounge
- The hotel is a 15-minute subway-ride to downtown Manhattan
- Guest rooms at the Holiday Inn Long Island City include a coffee maker and hair dryer. The spacious rooms also feature cable TV
- The spacious rooms also feature cable TV
- Long Island City Holiday Inn features a well-equipped gym and a full-service business centre
Check out Map for a better understanding.