Please note this bus service does not stop at any other locations other than Reading and the London Heathrow terminals.
The nearest airport is Leeds Bradford International Airport which is a half hour drive from the festival site. Metroconnect 757 provides a direct bus service to/from Leeds. The route also stops off at Rawdon, which is a 13 minute drive to/from the festival site. Alternatively a taxi from Leeds Bradford Airport to Leeds Railway Station should cost around £24. You could then catch the shuttle bus to the festival site.
Travel by Rail
Reading train station is a 15-20 minute walk from the festival site. There are many routes from throughout the country to the station, including from London Paddington. The last trains leaving Reading train station are often incredibly busy and do not run late on Friday and Saturday night. Please leave extra time if you’re planning on using these services. To check train times and service providers, please visit the National Rail website. Please visit the Network Rail website here to check for planned engineering work prior to travelling. When going home by train, make sure you leave at least an hour to get to your train from the festival site.
The nearest train station is Leeds Train Station. There are regular trains from London and other major cities. Please visit the National Rail website for train timetables. The festival has partnered with TransPennine Express so that the festival ticket will include a train to Leeds or York, then all one needs to do is take a bus which will drop them off directly outside Bramham Park, which is the festival venue.
Travel By Road
- By Car: Please follow the AA signage and directions on your car pass and not your Sat Nav. The festival car parks are located on grass fields, some with metal trakway approach roads and some internal roads are on land that may not be suitable for certain car suspensions. There are two public car parks which open as per the times of the campsites. Follow the colour-coded AA signs to park. For more information click here.
- By Coach: Big Green Coach is the official and exclusive coach travel & festival ticket partner to Reading Festival. Big Green Coach will be picking up from 41 locations for weekend campers so there’s sure to be a departure point close to you. Choose from a variety of travel options depending on your festival plans: Weekend campers can choose either a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday arrival (to depart Monday). Day ticket holders can choose a day return coach service (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).
- By Shuttle Bus: Shuttle buses will be available between both Reading train station and the town centre to the festival site.
- By Car: Parking is included within the price of all tickets at Leeds Festival. Please travel to the A1, M1 or the A1(M) whether you are coming from the north, south, east or west and then follow the signs from the motorway. All routes to Leeds Festival start from the A1(M). Please note that the junction numbers on the A1(M) which was being used changed a few years ago and out of date printed maps, and old sat nav systems may not reflect the correct junction numbering on the ground so follow the signage on the routes rather than checking against a map.
- By Coach: Big Green Coach is the official and exclusive coach travel & festival ticket partner to Leeds Festival. With the largest ever coach network in to Leeds Festival, Big Green Coach will be picking up from 39 locations for weekend campers so there’s sure to be a departure point close to you.
- By Shuttle Bus: There will be a shuttle bus service from both Leeds Train Station and York Train Station, however the York Bus only runs on Thursday & Monday, so is only ideal for weekend ticket holders. There is also a shuttle bus from the festival site to the Seacroft Tesco. You can book the Leeds Festival Shuttle here. Please click here for the shuttle bus timetable.
You can choose to stay in a number of different sites at Reading 2017. Whether you set up camp in one of the festival’s weekend campsites or fancy treating yourself to a luxury pre-pitched package, the festival has everthing planned for all. Alternatively, you can find hotels near the festival site.
General weekend tickets along with camping with your own tents cost starting from £234 EA and the prices go up according to the camping package you choose. For more information you can check this page. You can also get your own campervans. Separate tickets would be purchased for that.
1. Rainbows Lodge Hotel and Serviced Apartments
Distance from festival venue is 1.1km
Charges per night for a single room is Rs. 11,656
There is an air-conditioned bar and a TV lounge with free Sky Sports channels. Reception is open 24 hours a day and there is an on-site Italian restaurant. The spacious en suite rooms have telephones, trouser presses, tea/coffee and TVs with Freeview digital channels.
2. The Forbury Roseate
Distance from festival venue is 1.1km
Cost per night for a standard room is Rs. 8,517
3. Malmaison Reading
Distance from festival venue: 2.2km
Charges per night for a standard twin room is approx. Rs. 19,558
Facilities provided are Free WiFi, Pets allowed, Non-smoking rooms, Facilities for disabled guests, Room service, Breakfast included with all rooms etc
All of the air-conditioned en suite rooms offer high-speed internet access for an extra cost, on-demand movies, ironing equipment and tea/coffee making facilities. The extensive leisure facilities in the Spirit Health Club include an indoor swimming pool, a gym, a sauna and a solarium. A variety of beauty treatments are also available.
5. Best Western Plus Reading Moat House
Distance from festival venue is 10 km
Charges per night for a standard double room is Rs. 10,127
The hotel benefits from 129 air conditioned refurbished rooms, including 25 executive rooms and 4 junior suites in the original mill. The stylish Sindlesham Mill restaurant, lounge and bar, as well as the grade 2 listed Poachers pub, gives dining options for all tastes. All areas of the hotel benefit from full Wi-Fi access. All bedrooms are completely non-smoking. The hotel runs a shuttle service each midweek morning and evening to Winnersh Triangle Business Park.
You can choose to stay in a number of different sites at Leeds 2017. Whether you set up camp in one of the festival’s weekend campsites or fancy treating yourself to a luxury pre-pitched package, or get a hotel nearby, you have all options available
1. Camping on site
You can get your own tents or can purchase a ticket for pre pitched luxury tents offered by the festival. The charges for a standard weekend camping ticket is £213.00 ea. You can also get your own campervans but would have to purchase separate campervan passes. For information on the packages and prices, click here.
2. Stay Off- Site
There are a number of good hotels near the festival site, our top 5 picks are:
1. Park Plaza Leeds
Distance from festival venue: 10km
Charges per night for a double room is Rs. 10,657
The hotel has a fitness centre and Pan-Asian restaurant. All of the spacious, air-conditioned rooms at Park Plaza Leeds have satellite TV and 24-hour room service. Rooms also offer modern bathrooms and WiFi access.
2. Radisson Blu Hotel, Leeds
Distance from the festival venue: 11.3km
Charges per night: Rs. 17,901 for a double bed guestroom.
In central Leeds, this elegant hotel is set within The Light shopping and leisure complex. Stylish rooms each have a TV and free Wi-Fi, and there is an Art Deco restaurant and bar. Radisson BLU Hotel Leeds has individually themed bedrooms, each offering free tea and coffee, a minibar and a private bathroom.
3. Hilton Leeds City
Distance from festival venue is 7.7km
Charges per night are Rs. 5,729 per person
Following a recent GBP 3 million refurbishment, The Hilton Leeds City’s large en suite rooms have a work desk, tea/coffee facilities, and a flat-screen TV with pay-per-view channels. Some rooms feature a separate living area, where guests can relax.
4. Crowne Plaza Leeds
Distance from festival venue: 8.5km
Charges for a standard double room is Rs. 17,401
With complimentary newspapers, stereo systems and on-demand movies, all rooms at Crowne Plaza Leeds also feature air conditioning. Tea/coffee facilities, an in-room safe and hairdryers are also provided.
5. Dakota Leeds
Distance from festival venue is 8.8km
Charges per night for a classic double room is Rs. 22,480