Travel Guide: BoardMasters Music Festival
BoardMasters Music Festival is held in primarily 2 locations in the city of Newquay.
Watergate Bay – For the music arena, campsites, car parking, taxi drop off and coach drop off.
Fistral Beach – For the beach, surfing competitions, skate/bmx, Beach Sessions and surf village
The various means of reaching the festival location would be as follows:
Big Green Coach is the official and exclusive coach partner to Boardmasters. Picking up from 23 locations straight to the heart of Boardmasters. Prices start from only £34 return. Get more info and book here
• The closet train station is NEWQUAY – a ten minute drive to the main arena.
• A shuttle bus service runs from just outside the station – if heading to Watergate Bay board the bus outside the Great Western Hotel, for Fistral outside Burger King.
• Newquay station has fast direct services from London, the Midlands, the North and Scotland.
• The companies running services are Virgin, Great Western, Wales and West Trains.
• Weekend Parking £18 // Day Parking £10
• £10 fee for re-entry (or shuttle bus service available)
CARS & TAXI DROP OFF POINTS
• Day Ticket Holders – Blue Car Park – Cornwall, TR8 4AN
• Weekend Ticket Holders – Green Car Park – Cornwall, TR8 4HR
• VIP Weekend Ticket Holders – Green Car Park – Cornwall, TR8 4HR
• From the North follow the A39 to St Columb Major then A3059 towards Newquay and follow the signs for green/blue parking
• From the East or West follow A30 – A39 – A3059 and follow the signs for green parking
• To find your way to Fistral Beach follow signs to Newquay Town Centre. Please be aware that parking is extremely limited around the Fistral Beach site. It is advisable to use the shuttle bus from Watergate Bay
Newquay Airport have flights coming into the city daily. See flight details and schedules here:
Also, Newquay is a pretty accessible town from Indian Air routes as well.
SHUTTLE BUS (WATERGATE BAY & FISTRAL BEACH)
The shuttle bus will run between the Watergate Bay Festival Site and Newquay Town Centre (for Fistral Beach) between 07:00 and 04.30 each day. Single ticket: £4.00 Return ticket: £6.00. A reduced service will run on Monday morning.
Route: Watergate Bay Festival Site > Cliff Road (near Aldi, Newquay Rail Station) > Manor Road Bus Station (10 min walk to Fistral Beach)
Return Route: Manor Road Bus Station (for Fistral Beach) > Cliff Road (near Aldi, Newquay Rail Station) > Watergate Bay Festival Site
✔ Wednesday 9 August 2017 07:00 – 04.30 (next day)
✔ Thursday 10 August 2017 07:00 – 04.30 (next day)
✔ Friday 11 August 2017 07:00 – 04.30 (next day)
✔ Saturday 12 August 2017 07:00 – 04.30 (next day)
✔ Sunday 13 August 2017 07:00 – 04.30 (next day)
✔ Monday 14 August 2017 07:00 – 16:00