How To: Montreal Jazz Festival
Montreal Jazz Festival is easily the Number 1 priority for fans of jazz music. It 12 days of pure jazz awesomeness mixed in with interesting Carribean flavours and even some hip hop this year in the form of Joey Bada$$. With legendary acts such as Bob Dylan and Buddy Guy set to play at this iconic festival, anticipation is at an all-time high.
But before you go ahead and book your tickets for Montreal, here a few things you should know:
- ACCESS TO THE SITE:
- Located in the Quartier des spectacles, in the heart of downtown Montreal, the site of the Montreal International Jazz Festival is located between Saint-Laurent Boulevard, President-Kennedy Avenue, Sainte-Catherine Street and the street From Bleury. Located in the middle of the festivities, the Desjardins Complex and Place des Arts are useful landmarks.
- Since some streets are closed to vehicular traffic and parking spaces in the area are limited, we suggest that you visit the Festival site on foot, by taxi or by public transportation.
- Please note that for safety reasons, cycling, skateboarding and rollerblading are not permitted on the site. We advise you to drop them in one of the two bike parking facilities installed specially for festival-goers.
2. Business Hours:
- Outdoor site: From June 28th to July 8th, From Noon to midnight
- Pub Heineken: From June 28th to July 8th, From Noon to 3 AM
3. Public Transport:
- Metro: Place-des-Arts and Saint-Laurent metro stations (green line), or Place d’Armes (orange line)
- Bus: lines 15, 24, 55, 80, 125 and 129