FAQs: Shambhala Festival
Shambhala Music Festival will take place in the beautiful interior of Salmo River Ranch, British Columbia in Canada on 11th August to 14th August 2017.
What is the re-entry policy?
If you need to go to town and come back during the festival, there is a re-entry fee of $10 per person, per re-entry, payable upon your return.
Does Shambhala have an age limit? / Is Shambhala 19+?
Yes. Shambhala is 19+. 19 is the Age of Majority in the province of British Columbia. Regardless of the laws in your home province, country or state, you are not considered an adult in BC until you are 19.
If your 19th birthday is after the festival, even just by a few days, we cannot make an exception to allow you to attend. If your 19th birthday is during the festival, you may arrive on the date of your birthday, but not sooner. ID’s will be checked.
My photo ID was lost/stolen, and I can’t replace it before the festival. What should I do?
ID is required to get into the festival. If your ID has been lost or stolen, you must file a report with the RCMP. The police will give you a card with the name of the RCMP officer who files the report, with a police report number on it. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you bring this card with you. If you have an interim driver’s license, bring that as well. You will also need supporting pieces of ID, such as a birth certificate, SIN card, care card or credit card. The more you can bring with you, the better. If you have an expired Passport, you may use that as your primary ID with supporting ID.
What should I pack for Shambhala?
The best way to find out what to pack, is to talk to people who have been before. You can reach out on Facebook or any of our social media. Some general tips for packing:
- Camping Gear – Tent, chairs, sleeping bag, tarp, shade structure etc…..
- Bandanna – For dust.
- Water containers – For camp, and while you are out dancing. Free water is available with your own vessel.
- Jacket – It gets real cold here at night.
- Backpack – Cut down on trips to camp by bringing items with you.
- Food – Our vendors have all sorts of delicious food to offer once you get into the festival. However you might need food while waiting to get into the festival. There is very limited food available prior to the front gates.
- Biodegradable shampoos and sunscreens.
- Flashlight – Outside of the Downtown Area there is limited lighting.
- Comfortable footwear – The ground is uneven and rugged. You may be covering long distances by foot, so be sure to have a good pair of walking shoes with you.
These are just a few essentials to make your journey home more enjoyable. Ask around to veterans who have perfected the packing guide!
Where is the nearest ATM?
There is a small building with ATMs near the water station in “Downtown Shambhala”. There is one at the main gate as well.